Epic conditions on stage five of Tirreno-Adriatico tested mind, mettle and performance fabrics on Sunday. The Terminillo climb (1600m) and the blizzard that engulfed it meant that riders had to cope with -1°C on a day that blew the General Classification wide open. Despite freezing conditions, some riders braved it with fingerless gloves – and we salute you. Ian Stannard could be seen sporting Rapha Pro Team Softshell Arm and Knee Warmers which are new for this season, and specifically designed to keep riders warm and dry when the weather turns foul. No better time to put our racewear for testing conditions to the absolute test.
The Team Sky riders wore:
- Pro Team Softshell Arm Warmers – Provide an excellent defence against the elements, with high-visibility details.
- Pro Team Softshell Knee Warmers – Featuring durable water-repellency (DWR).
- Pro Team Softshell Gloves – Full-finger gloves that give both a high level of dexterity and protection against wet and cold conditions.
- Pro Team Jersey – Performance which is streamlined, robust and highly breathable.
- Pro Team Bibs – Essential kit for the spring classics, brushed back insides and a longer leg for colder race conditions.
- Pro Team Socks – – Riders are given a choice of white or black.
- Team Issue Gilet – Made with wind resistant panelling on the front to protect the body’s core, and a breathable mesh back to prevent overheating.
- Team Issue Race Mitts – Performance mitts for racing and training.
- Arm Warmers – A versatile product for changeable conditions.
- Leg Warmers – Made from fleece-backed Roubaix fabric, leg warmers offer extensive coverage.
- Merino Hat – Provides breathable insulation that fits under your helmet.