- Pricing and currency
- Items out of Stock
- Products and Sizing
- Sponsorship and events
- Why do the riders in your photographs sometimes not wear helmets?
- Why are some of your products made in China or in the Far East?
- Why are your products not made in-house, rather than just designed in-house?
Pricing and Currency
- Q. Do your prices include tax?
- A. All Checkout Prices for Great Britain, Europe, Canada, Switzerland and Norway include sales taxes; there are no additional fees to pay at all. All other prices are exclusive of local import duties and taxes which are levied once a shipment reaches your country.
In the US we are required to collect sales tax in certain states where we maintain presence. As such, we charge sales tax on all orders shipped to the following states: AZ, AR, CA, CO, CT, DC, IL, IN, IA, KY, MA, MI, MN, MO, NV, NY, OH, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI. Prices for Great Britain and Europe include VAT. All other prices are exclusive of local import duties and taxes which are levied once a shipment reaches your country.
- Q. When will I be charged for my order?
- A. You’ll be charged for your order when it is despatched from our warehouse. For Paypal you will be charged when the order is placed.
- Q. I have recently purchased an item, and it has now been reduced in price, will Rapha price match the difference.
- A. Yes, we are happy to match the reduced price in the form of a credit voucher as long the product was purchased at full price and within 14 days of the price being reduced. We are not able to match the price if the product, including size and colour is not in stock at the time of the request or if we have already provided a price match on the product.
Out of Stock
- Q. When are products coming back into stock?
- A. As soon as Rapha have an estimated date of delivery it will normally be posted on the specific product page.
- Q. I’d like to order a product, but it does not allow me to put it in the basket.
- A. If it is not possible to select an item this means that it is not available. Please use the ‘inform me when back in stock’ feature on the product page to find out when items come back into stock.
- Q. How long does the delivery take?
- A. Please refer to the delivery section for estimated Express and Standard delivery times for each region.
- Q. When will my order be sent out?
- A. Please refer to the delivery section for estimated despatch and delivery times. You can track your delivery through the my account section of the website.
- Q. How are Products shipped and how much will shipping cost to my address?
- A. Please refer to the delivery section.
- Q. What’s your returns policy?
- A. You can return any product you receive from Rapha within 90 days of receipt, as long as the item is unused and unwashed. For more information, please visit the returns section of the website.
- Q. I do not like the product I ordered, what can I do?
- A. If the product is new and unused you can return it to us for a refund within 90 days of receipt. Please visit our returns section for more information on how to return a product.
- Q. How do I return a product?
- A. Please visit the returns section of the website for full instructions on how to return a product.
- Q. I want to return a product, but I don’t have the original packaging?
- A. You can always send the products back to Rapha in another package but please pack securely and follow the instructions in the returns section of the website.
- Q. How do I exchange a product?
- A. If you would like to exchange your purchase, please follow the steps in the section ‘How to Make a Return’ in the Returns section of the website.
- Q. My product is over three months old, and has developed damage through wear and tear, what can be done?
- A. Rapha provide a free of charge repair service. This service is provided for items that were damaged through normal use and have been cared for as per garment instructions. Please visit the repairs section of the website for more details.
Products and Sizing
- Q. I am not sure which size to order?
- A. On most product pages there is specific sizing information in the right hand column. Please also have a look at our men’s sizing page and women’s sizing page. If you are still not certain about which size is right, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more advice or call 877 907 2742.
- Q. I am interested in having my event sponsored by Rapha.
- A. Please send an email to email@example.com detailing your event. Rapha receives a high volume of sponsorship requests and proposals so please do not be disappointed if we are unable to help.
- Q. Why do the riders in your imagery sometimes not wear helmets?
- A. Some imagery on the Rapha website shows riders on bicycles who are not wearing helmets. Rapha does not enforce any helmet policy on the riders in its photoshoots other than they adhere to the law of the land. Writer, Rapha model and former professional rider, Tom Southam, tells it like it is after a sequence shot on the Monte Zoncolan:
OK, for the record. Helmet choice is not Rapha’s, it is mine, in line with the laws of the land where the images were shot. I have to say, that while I am pro helmets, and I understand their obvious and indisputable safety benefits, I am also pro choice. The freedom to wake up each day and make intelligent, informed choices in my life is something that I believe in very strongly. I do not think that getting angry and chastising Rapha over images used in their ad campaigns is really doing anything for anyone. I am not trying to make any statement that not wearing a helmet is cool, but I was riding at (much less than) 10 miles an hour, up a hill, with no traffic, with a film crew hanging out of a Fiat doblo, or whatever it was 6 inches from my face. My choice not to wear a helmet was quite obvious in that scenario. I do understand that there is a risk that kids will see this and potentially think that it is cool to ride without a helmet, but Rapha is as much a cycle safety awareness campaign as Bono is the savior of humanity. I am a 31 year old man, with 18 years riding experience. I have fallen off countless times, broken bones, skinned my backside, lost all of the skin from both of my hands, and in one quite extraordinary accident lost a nipple. Riding a bicycle is dangerous, period. Life is- like it or not- also a risky business. It is cruel, and hard and mean and even now, in the safest times that humanity has ever existed you, and everyone else around you will have to make choices, every single day of your lives to stay safe. Those choices should never be based on what looks cool. So, yes wear a damn helmet, but know why you wear a helmet, and make your own choice to wear a helmet, and have the intelligence in yourself, and promote the kind of intelligence in others, that allows people to be able to see an image in an advert without being compelled to go and risk your or their own life for the sake of looking cool, in exactly the same way that you can read that story and not be compelled to go and get drunk. This is my opinion, I am OK that many people will see it as wrong and I appreciate that. But, I personally salute Rapha for allowing me the freedom of choice, and helping to stop the world becoming the sterile kind of environment where no one understands that the obligation for their own safety lies with themselves and the people directly around them, and nowhere else.
Q. Why are some of your products made in China or in the Far East?
- A. We manufacture some garments in China and the Far East because quite simply, the quality the factories offer there is first rate, and they are very reliable producers. The cost price advantage is a secondary issue. If you’ve ever tried to have products made in the United Kingdom where we are headquartered, you’d appreciate how hard it is to get craftsmanship and reliable delivery. We wish it was otherwise. The idea that products made in China or the Far East is ‘cheap and nasty’, and that Europe is ‘expensive and well made’ no longer rings true.
Our garments are in fact, produced across a number of locations globally. When we choose our manufacturing partners, we are always looking to find companies with the most expertise in their area, the quality and scale of manufacturing to satisfy our high standards.We are extremely proud of all the manufacturers and suppliers we use, and our relationships with them. Countries such as China, are widely regarded in the industry as some of the best manufacturers in the world — in terms of quality, accuracy, scale, efficiency, and ease of working with.
Feel free to read a few of our features about Rapha suppliers:
If you have a particular problem with Chinese / Far Eastern manufacture we may not have changed your mind, but we hope we have clarified why and how we use factories there.
Q. Why are your products not made in-house, rather than just designed in-house?
- A. With the rare exception, you will find that many companies that make products will use external manufacturers as we do. Whereas research, design and development will often be done in-house. You may just find this with the majority of the products you yourself own.