Riding is at the core of the Cycle Club experience. We are fortunate here in London that our Cycle Club is located centrally, meaning that once we have reminded all the people paying congestion charge that its a better option to cycle we can head out and enjoy some incredible riding whichever dial of the compass we choose to follow. Our rides offer a fantastic opportunity for customers to ride alongside Rapha staff, and ask questions about all things Road Cycling. We often advise on clothing, what to wear in certain conditions etc. and can also inform of any unmissable events fast approaching at the CCLDN.
If you are looking to join one of our rides for the first time then we ask that you call and speak to one of our staff, as they can advise on the details of all upcoming rides.
Saturday Club Ride
Our Saturday Club Ride meets at the Cycle Club at 0830, with a 0900 roll out. During this half hour period we advise a coffee and some breakfast to prepare you for the day ahead. There is also an opportunity to stock up on ride bars and fill up your bidon in the cafe. The Saturday Club Ride takes in all 4 points of the compass throughout the month, heading to Essex, Surrey, Kent, Windsor and Hampstead and averaging around 120km. These rides are for confident Riders with some group riding experience. Interested? Please follow our Twitter: @RaphaCycleClub for more information on how to sign up for our Saturday Club Rides.
- Time: Meet at the Cycle Club at 8.30am, depart at 9:00am.
- Distance: Our Saturday Club Ride usually averages around 80 miles (120km).
- Pace: Our Club Rides average 15-17mph. While spirited at times, our rides have a “no drop” policy and we allow several chances to regroup
- Route: Varies each week but always includes a Cafe stop. For more information, please check @raphacycleclub or contact the club.
- Terrain: All routes use quiet A and B roads, however there may be occasions where the group ride on busier roads especially on entering and leaving Central London.
- Availability: A preregistered limit of 10 spaces, led by Rapha Ride Leaders.
Thursday Morning Ride
We meet at 0630 every Thursday morning for a pre-work ride. The main aim of this ride is to break up your working week and provides an excellent opportunity for customers to ask Rapha Cycle Club staff about any of the exciting events/product launches coming up at the Rapha Cycle Club London. These rides alternate between Richmond Park (Roehampton Gate Entrance) and Regents Park (Royal College of Physicans). The pace can be slightly higher as we aim to get everybody back to the Cycle Club for 0730, where Coffee and Breakfast await.
- Time: 6.30am meet at the Royal College of Physicians for Regents Park, and Roehampton Gate for Richmond Park.
- Distance: No set distance.
- Pace: Spirited, designed as an early morning work out.
- Route: Alternate between Regents and Richmond Park with a return to CCLDN.
- Terrain: Smooth road
- Availability: No preregistration needed, groups may be split in the event of a large number of attendees. Led by Rapha Ride Leaders.